Sexual impotence, also defined as erectile dysfunction (ED), is a common problem affecting most men at least once during their lifetime. Though sex is one of the basic needs in one’s life, the changing and stressful lifestyle has made it almost impossible to enjoy the pleasure of sex. The pressure of work has become so hectic and demanding that there is little time or interest for them to enjoy their sex life. To know more about the causes of sexual impotence along with its symptoms, read through the following lines.
Causes Of Sexual Impotence :
- Alcohol abuse
- Lower sexual drive and erectile function
- The therapeutic use of oestrogens
- Paralysis of parasympathetic nerves by drugs
- Devitalised condition of the system
- Abuse or misuse of the sexual organ for a long period
- Anxiety of failure
Sexual activity is a basic instinct in humans and forms one of the most important aspects of their life. However, there are many people who suffer from sexual dysfunctions. The most commonly found sexual dysfunction in men is impotency. It is a condition in which a person suffers from low sex drive and low erectile functions. One of the main causes of sexual impotence is depression. Devitalized condition of the body system is another reason of sexual impotence. There are three different forms of sexual impotence – primary sexual impotence, secondary sexual impotence and the one concerned with old age. While the third one cannot be treated much, the first two can be cured by resorting to some natural ways. In the following lines, we have provided certain home remedies for treating sexual impotency.
Home Remedy For Sexual Impotence :
- Consuming garlic is one of the best ways to treat sexual impotence. Chew two to three cloves of raw garlic, on a daily basis. In fact, you should include garlic in your regular diet.
- Onion is another very good vegetable to treat sexual impotence. It increases libido and strengthens reproducing organs. White onions are best for this purpose.
- Finely chop about 150 grams of carrots. Consume this, along with a half-boiled egg, dipped in a tablespoon of honey, once everyday. This will help increase sexual stamina.
- Take about 5-10 gm root powder of Ladyfinger in a glass of milk. Add 2 tsp of mishri in this milk and drink it. This will prove helpful in improving sexual vigor.
- Put 15 gm dried roots of asparagus in a glass of milk. Have this milk two times in a day. It will be useful in treating both sexual impotency and premature ejaculation.
- In 250ml of boiled milk, add 15 grams drumstick flowers. Prepare a soup from this decoction. Another effective way to use drumsticks would be to boil 120 gm of the powder of the dry bark in half a liter of water, for about half an hour. Yet another effective way would be to have 30 grams of this powder with a tablespoon of honey. Have this paste 3 times in a day.
- Ginger juice is beneficial in treating sexual impotence. Mix ½ tsp ginger juice with half boiled egg and honey. Have this mixture once every night. It is beneficial in curing impotency, premature ejaculation & spermatorrhoea.
- Dry fruits are effective in curing sexual impotency. Pound and mix equal quantities of dates, almonds, pistachios and quince seeds. 100 grams of this mixture, consumed on a daily basis, is said to increase sexual power.
- Wash 30 grams of black raisins in lukewarm water. Eat them with a glass of warm milk, daily. Increase the quantity by 50 grams after some time.
- Mix jambul fruit (Indian herb) with milk and add a little honey to it. Consume this mixture to treat impotence.
- Some of the items that help normalize hormonal imbalance and boost sexual craving are chickweed, ginseng, plantain and safflower. Include them in your diet.
- For female sterility, dry the roots of banyan tree and powder them into fine particles. Take about 20 gm of this powder with milk, in a ratio of 1:5. Have this for 3 consecutive nights after the menstrual cycle.
- Powder winter cherry herb. Consume 6 grams of this powder, with a cup of milk, for 5 to 6 days after menstruation.
- Including lots of seeds, fruits, nuts, grains, fresh green vegetables and fresh fruits in the diet is helpful in treating sexual impotence.
Diet for Sexual Impotence
Although your diet may have no direct effect on the development or occurrence of sexual impotence, in some situations the condition may be caused by other health conditions that are aggravated by unhealthy eating habits. The main focus should therefore be to eliminate any unhealthy foods from your diet like junk foods, oily and excessively fatty foods. An accurate diagnosis of the underlying causes of impotence will also better help with the formulation of an appropriate diet plan. There are certain foods that promote certain bodily functions and if the problem is caused by any disorder that can be controlled with diet changes you will need to modify your diet accordingly.
In addition to dietary changes based on nutritional advice and your doctors suggestions you can also try out some specific foods that are believed to help treat the condition. Do keep in mind that most of these claims are unresearched and they have little to no scientific credibility.
- Certain foods like honey and garlic are thought to be beneficial in the treatment of sex problems. Garlic has remarkable aphrodisiac properties that are said to be safe and natural. Garlic reduces sexual exhaustion and increases the libido. Two to three cloves of raw garlic chewed daily can help treat sexual impotence as well.
- White onions can strengthen the reproductive system and increase the libido, whereas carrots dipped in honey can improve stamina when consumed daily for a month.
- Experts believe that including asparagus in your diet can also treat sexual impotence. Boil the roots of asparagus in milk and drink this concoction twice daily. This also prevents premature ejaculation.
- Dates have long since been considered a strengthening food. Mix dried dates with nuts like almonds and pistachios in equal quantities and consume a handful daily to improve sexual stamina.
- In addition to oily and fatty foods try to cut down on your intake of processed foods that are high in sugar and white flour.