Top 25 Home Remedies
1. ACNE : Pound orange peel with water on a stone and apply to skin. Also rubbing raw garlic on the skin can cure the toughest of acne. Garlic has antibacterial properties that make this work. More ACNE cures
2. ARTHRITIS : Rub castor oil into sore joints both morning and night. Results may take 1-4 days. More Arthritis remedies
3. COLD SORES : Rubbing ice cubes can lesson symptoms. Witch hazel applied with a damp cloth will provide relief. Diet: avoid chocolate during outbreak as this lowers immune system. Eat lots of green vegetables for the vitamins and minerals. Take some Lecithin to hasten the healing process. More on Cold Sores.
4. COMMON COLD : Drink the juice of 1 lemon mixed with a cup of water (room temp or warm) 1-2 times daily. Drink garlic soup prepared by boiling 3-4 cloves of garlic in one cup of water. Garlic has antiseptic properties as well as other healing properties. More on Common Cold remedies.
5. CONSTIPATION : 8 ounces of apple juice mixed with 1 level Tablespoon of ground flaxseed or bran. 1-2 times daily. More on Constipation remedies.
6. DANDRUFF : Use 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice when doing your final rinse when washing your hair. Will leave hair shiny and prevents dandruff. More on Dandruff remedies.
7. ECZEMA : Mix a paste of 1 tsp Camphor and 1 tsp sandalwood paste on the rash. You can also try using petroleum jelly or A&D baby ointment. This will seal the skin and allow it to heal. Diet: You can try eliminating foods that you may be allergic to such as wheat and dairy. Food allergies can trigger Eczema. More on Eczema remedies.
8. FLATULENCE OR GAS : “Mix 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a pinch of asafoetida and a pinch of rock salt in a cup of warm water. Drink this concoction to get relief from gas.” More on Gas remedies.
9. GOUT : Eat 8-10 cherries daily as a preventative measure against an attack. During and attack eat 10-15 cherries daily to reduce the length and pain of the attack. More on Gout remedies.
10. HANGOVER : Drink as much water as you can before going to sleep and upon waking. Eating when drinking alcohol will slow down the absorption in your blood stream making its affects lessened. Take vitamin C to speed up breakdown of the alcohol. More Hangover remedies.
11. HAY FEVER : Line inside of nose with a little petroleum jelly. Boil chamomile tea and inhale the steam. More Hay Fever remedies.
12. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE : Garlic, lemon, grapefruit and watermelon (including the roasted seed) are good to ingest. They all are known to help with lowering blood pressure via differing ways such as dilating the blood vessels. More on High Blood Pressure remedies.
13. HIGH CHOLESTEROL: “Lecithin, also a fatty food substance and the most abundant of the phospholipids, is beneficial in case of increase in cholesterol level. It has the ability to break up cholesterol into small particles which can be easily handled by the system. With sufficient intake of lecithin, cholesterol cannot build up against the walls of the arteries and veins. Lecithin also increases the production of bile acids made from cholesterol, thereby reducing its amount in the blood, Egg yolk, vegetable oils, wholegrain cereals, soyabeans, and unpasturised milk are rich sources of lecithin. The cells of the body are also capable of synthesizing it as needed, if several of the B vitamins are present.” More on High Cholesterol remedies.
14. INDIGESTION : Drink either or both mint tea and chamomile tea frequently to ease stomach upset. More on Indigestion remedies.
15. INSOMNIA : Drink warm milk and honey before bedtime. Massaging some of this milk into the soles of your feet can help too. Also try a warm bath before bedtime. Write down worries on notepad next to your bed so you can “leave them behind” and go to sleep. More Insomnia remedies.
16. ITCHING : Any of these are known to soothe itching: witch hazel, vick’s vapor rub, aloe vera, and ice. More Itch remedies.
17. LEG CRAMPS : Drink enough water daily to avoid dehydration which can cause cramps. Also make sure you get enough potassium with foods like bananas, avacadoes, fish, nuts, blackstrap molasses, and carrot juice. More Leg Cramp remedies.
18. LICE : The best remedy is to lather mayonaise all over the entire scalp and hair. (The mayonaise will suffocate the lice and loosen the eggs from the hair shaft.) Cover with either a shower cap or a plastic grocery bag and tie around the forehead. Leave on for 3 hours. Shampoo hair. There will still be mayo and a greasy feeling to the hair. Ths is ok. Next, carefully and meticulously comb the hair in layers with a nit comb. Then shampoo again to get rid of the remaining greasy mayonaise residue. This treatment will work better than the lice-killing shampoo. Of course you’ll also need to launder everything the child’s head came in contact with. Also vacuum things like couches and car seats. For things that can’t be laundered, such as stuffed animals, you can put them in an airtight ziplock bag and leave for 2 weeks.
19. MOSQUITOES : Take one 100 mg B1 tablet every day to repel mosquitoes. Effectiveness begins immediately. The most effective topical remedy is Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Repellent. It “provided 120.1 minutes of mosquito protection, more than a repellent with a low concentration of the chemical DEET.”
20. NAIL FUNGUS : Clip the nail back as far as possible. Rub Vick’s Vapor Rub onto the nail and surrounding skin 2 times a day. Results can take a month or more. Can also be used for fungal infections of the skin too. This can take one week to work.
21. NAUSEA : Fresh ginger in tea will ease an upset stomach. More on Nasea remedies.
22. PRE MENSTRUAL SYNDROME (PMS) : Take GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) daily. This is obtained from vegetables such as blackcurrant seed and evening primrose. Take a 1000 mg capsule 1-3 times daily. This really helps with lowering PMS symptoms. Highly recommended. More PMS remedies.
23. URINARY TRACT INFECTION OR CYSTITIS : Avoid aspartame, increase vitamin C intake and drink cranberry juice frequently during the day. Also avoid chocolate and caffienne. More Cystitis remedies.
24. WRINKLES : There are many natural things you can do. First is to make sure you have a healthy diet rich in vegetable and fruits. Just as important is proper hydration. Drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water or clear liquids daily. Topically you can apply a mask of raw egg whites to your face. Allow to dry and then rinse with room temperature water. Your face will feel very smooth. For problem areas you can massage coconut oil every night before bed. Here are many more Wrinkle remedies.
25. YEAST INFECTION : The live cultures in yogurt are a known cure for yeast. This works both by ingesting the yogurt or topical application. More on Yeast Infection remedies.